Dr. Markel is an educational psychologist and served as faculty in the School of Education and as seminar leader of the Instructional Design Workshop at the Executive Education Center, School of Business, University of Michigan. For over 15 years, she helped develop instructor-led and self-directed learning materials to enhance performance, productivity and effectiveness for corporate, governmental and educational organizations. As a consultant and trainer, Geri worked with companies such as Ford Motor Company, Disney Corporation, and Department of Agriculture. As a speaker, she has worked at corporate offices of VIACOM, Time Warner, Merrill Lynch, and TIAA-CREF; educational institutions such as University of Michigan, Wayne State University and Michigan State University; and law firms such as Weil, Gotshal & Manges and Kelly, Drye & Warren.
She is an award winning author; her most recent books are:
- Actions Against Distractions: Managing Your Scattered, Distracted and Forgetful Mind
- Defeating the 8 Demons of Distraction: Proven Strategies to Increase Productivity and Reduce Stress
- Finding Happiness with Aristotle as Your Guide: Action Strategies Based on 10 Timeless Ideas
- Finding Your Focus: Practical Strategies for the Everyday Problems Facing Adults with ADD
Michelle Webster - Founder, Perry-Reuben Company. Chair, Ann Arbor, SCORE
Dr. Geri Markel has worked with Profile for Success (PFS) for the past 20 years as an educational consultant. Her expertise, engaging personality, commitment, and years of experience in helping students reach their ultimate potential has been phenomenal. We are fortunate to have her be a part of our team.Todd V. Ester, DDS - Director of Diversity & Inclusion, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan
Eleni Kelakos - President, The Eleni Group
Executive Coaching Testimonial
Roz Zweig - Coldwell Banker, Real Estate Managing Broker
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- National Speakers Assocation (NSA)
- ADHD Coaching Organization (ACO)
- Learning Disabilities of America (LDA)
- Markel, G. “Coaching With Positive Philosophy” Choice Magazine, Vol. 11, Number 4, January 2014.
- Markel, G & Jane Heineken, (2014) Goofs and Glitches: Lighthearted Views of Today’s Distraction-Riddled Work/Life. Ann Arbor, MI: Managing Your Mind.
- Zwieg, R & G. Markel (11/1/2013) Tips for Realtors: How to Deal with Low Inventory in a High Competition Markel. Chicago, IL: Chicago Agent Magazine (http://chicagoagentmagazine.com/tips-realtors-deal-low-inventory-high-competition-market/#sthash.s6FcmgBT.dpuf)
- Markel, G. (3/1/13) “5 Hidden Barriers to Performance: Helping employees overcome them and achieve breakthroughs in overall performance.” Choice: The Magazine of Professional Coaching. Vol. 11, Number 1, pages 33-36.
- Markel, G. (2013) Actions Against Distractions: Managing Your Scattered, Disorganized and Forgetful Mind. Bloomington, IN: iUniverse.
- Markel, G., (1-2/2012 “Conquer the Demons of Distraction” Speaker: The Magazine of the National Professional Speakers Association. pages 28-31.
- Markel, G. (9/2009) “Keep Technology Distractions at Bay.” Journal of Training and Development, American Society for Training and Development (ASTD): pages 68-69.
- Markel, G. (11/11/08) “How to Keep Yourself up When Business is Down.” www.selfgrowth.com
- Markel, G. (5/19/08) “Cleaning up the Mess of Professional Mistakes.” www.selfgrowth.com
- Zweig, R. & Markel, G. (5/19/08) “Mental Management Techniques of Top Producers.” Chicago Agent, Chicago, IL: Chicago Agent Magazine.
- Markel, G. (2008) Defeating the 8 Demons of Distraction: Proven Strategies to Increase Productivity and Decrease Stress. Lincoln, NE: iUniverse.
- Markel, G. (2007) Mem-Cards for Defeating the Demons of Distraction. North Palm Beach, FL: Mem-Cards Corporation.
- Markel, G. (6/6/07) “Networking Nightmares.” www.selfgrowth.com
- Kirkus Book Review of Actions Against Distractions
- Managing Your Mind. The Lucie Anne Show. Ann Arbor, MI, 2012.
- Avoiding Holiday Hassles. WDET Radio, December 13, 2012
- Five Steps to Ensure the ‘Downward Spiral’ of Fatigue and How to Avoid Them. Lisa Pasbjerb’s Radio Show, The Leadership Focus. December 9, 2009.
- Is ADD a Family Disease? Stay Sane Now, Radio Talk Show. January 5, 2010.
- Featured in Time Management: The Race To Beat the Clock. Corporate Incentive Travel Baylee Simon (August, 2009)
- Featured in Ann Arbor Man Comes ‘Out’ About ADHD by Jo Mathis, Ann Arbor News, Ann Arbor, MI (September 18, 2008) pages C1,C2.
- Dealing with Distractions Jim Allen, The Big Idea Coach. March 27, 2008.
- Distraction and Career Development. Job You Deserve Internet Radio. September 16, 2007.
- Defeating the 8 Demons of Distraction. ADDClass Tele Seminar 10/23/07
- ADDA Tele class Program. I’ve Got Things to Do, but I Don’t Know Where to Start. 9/13/06.
- Keep it Real: The Gregory Thomas Show. WDRJ, 1440. How to Help Get Your Child into College, 11/11/06.
- The Ori Hoffer Show. PCTV Park City Television. Park City, Utah, 3/21/06. Finding Your Focus.
- The Melanie Deveau Show. Radio. Finding Your Focus. CKLW Windsor, ON, CA 11/9/05.
- Radio DKNW. Adults with ADD. Vancouver, B.C. CA 11/10/05.
- Ask the Expert. Park City TV with Ori Hoffer, 4/7, 2005. A Parent’s Guide to the SAT and ACT.
- Warren Pierce Show. Radio WAAM. 1/29/97.
- The John Arnold Show, WCCHB, 1200 AM 1/7/97.
- Today’s News. KSL Radio and Television, Salt Lake City, UT 3/21/97.
- Fox. Focus on the Family Show, Salt Lake City, Utah. 3/22/97.
- Park City Morning Show- TV. 3/27/97.
- Interview with Elaine Rumman. Proud Parent Network. Channel 8. Ann Arbor, MI 1/28/97 & 11/5/ 96.
- The Bob Gourley Show. KCDA/FM Spokane, WA), KIQU San Obispo, CA),
- The Carl Haeberle Show, KVEN, Ventura, CA.
- The ABC’s of the SATs. Education Today with Arthur Johnson WGAY/FM & AM (30 minutes) Silver Springs, Maryland. 12/8/83.
- The ABC’s of the SATs. The Lynn Young Show. WHJJ/A (20 minutes), Providence, Rhone Island. 10/16/83.
- College Admission Tests. The Don Lessnau Show, WAAM, (25 minutes). Ann Arbor, MI 8/9/83.
- The ABC’s of the SATs. Live at Noon, KUTV, (20 minutes) Salt Lake City, Utah, 3/17/83..
- When Your Child Has a Handicap. The Jack MacCarthy Show, (30 minutes). Detroit, MI 11/07/79.
- Parent as Advocates: The Rights of Parents of Handicapped Children. Day-by-Day Show, WVCM-TV (30 minutes), Delta College. 10/22/79.
- Defeating the 8 Demons of Distraction. Time Warner, NY; Viacom, NY; Standard and Poor’s, NY; University of Michigan, Learning and Professional Development, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Coaching in Difficult and Complex Situations. Association for Talent Development, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Distracted Executives: Gifted with a Glitch. Institute for Chronic Disorganization. Webinar.
- 5 Hidden Barriers to Performance: Helping you and your team achieve breakthroughs to overall performance. American Business Women’s Association, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Emotional Intelligence for Leaders: Increasing Productivity and Profitability. Comfort Care, National Leadership Webinar.
- Time and Task Management. Lowenstein & Sandler Law Offices, NJ; VIACOM, NY; Ciba Corporation, Additives Division, Hawthorne, NY; TIAA/CREF, NY; Scholastic, Inc., NY.
- World Class Customer Service. Weil, Gotshal & Manges, NY.
- Managing Your Memory. Time Warner, NY.
- Fast Track Reading. Weil, Gotshal, & Manges, NY.
- Improving Performance: Coaching & Mentoring for Peak Performance. Visiting Nurses Region, NY.
- Influencing the Important People in Your Life. Weil, Gotshal & Manges, NY.
- Improving Listening Skills. Kelly, Drye & Warren, NY.
- Improving Concentration. Weil, Gotshal & Manges, NY.
- Coaching and Mentoring for Managers. PaineWebber, NY.
- Positive Assertive Management. Ciba Corporation; Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, NY.
- Quality–A Way of Life Workshop. Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, MI.
- Managing Your Mind. The Lucie Anne Show. Ann Arbor, MI.
- Avoiding Holiday Hassles. WDET Radio, Detroit, MI.
- Five Steps to Ensure the ‘Downward Spiral’ of Fatigue and How to Avoid Them. Lisa Pasbjerb’s Radio Show, The Leadership Focus, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Time Management: The Race to Beat the Clock. Corporate Incentive Travel.
- Defeating the Demons of Distraction. The Bob Mundie Show. WWJ News Radio, Detroit, MI.
- I’ve Got Things to Do, but Don’t Know Where to Start. ADDA National Webinar.
- Finding Your Focus. The Ori Hoffer Show. PCTV Park City Television. Park City, UT.
- Finding Your Focus. CKLW Radio. The Melanie Deveau Show. Windsor, ON, CA.
- Adults with ADD. DKNW Radio. Vancouver, B.C. CA.
Dr. Markel Offers Value-Driven Keynotes and Breakouts.
Download Dr. Markel’s Speaker One Sheet: GeriMarkelCorporateOneSheet-Print
Book Dr. Markel to Speak at Your Next Event? Connect Today!